People, I think I may have semi-failed. Remember that list of books I was planning to read in May? Well, I read 2 of them and started 2 others, but one of them was a DNF, sadly.
I did, however, read other books- which is why I didn’t finish my list. *sigh* Here is the list of the books I did read.
1. A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas (Adored it! A lot of people didn’t like it because “nothing happened.” But, it is a novella that is bridging the gap between ACOWAR and the spinoff so I wasn’t expecting fireworks.)
2. My Oxford Year by Julia Whelan (OH MY GOODNESS. I AM STILL NOT OVER THIS BOOK. SO MANY WONDERFUL THINGS TO SAY ABOUT THIS BOOK AND NOT ENOUGH SPACE OR TIME. Just a heads up, I cried like a baby a few times.)
3. Coco Beach by Beatriz Williams (This is the first book I’ve read from this author and I am intrigued! Historical fiction holds a special place in my heart and I’m looking forward to reading more of her books especially after that ending.)
4. Florida by Lauren Groff (First half of the book was 4 stars, but after that, I just couldn’t connect with the characters. Her writing is lovely though.)
1. Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman (I started reading this book today, on the last day of May so I’m not sure if I can include this in May list but I thought I should just let you know I tried to squeeze it in. I’m only 20 pages in though and I LOVE IT. Now I just need some midnight margaritas…)
2. The Favorite Sister by Jessica Knoll (DNF – but not because it was bad. Not at all, it was great what I had listened to so far. I just don’t think it was the right moment for me to be reading it. I kept putting it down or listening to other podcasts. I might try it as a book instead of audiobook.)
There you have it, friends. Cheers to May reads and here’s to next month! May I do better and stick to my lists.